VICTORIA is looking for a new slogan. Put aside any thoughts that we don’t actually need little snippets of boosterism slapped on expensively re-printed letterheads and contemplate how best to sum up this beautiful and peculiar corner of our wide brown land. How about:
· Smile For The Revenue Camera
· Fine Place For Drivers
· We’re Watching You
· Citizens Are What Government Must Put Up With
· Infested With Bicycles
· Warning: Slow People In Lycra
· We’re Not South Australia
· Home of Ted And The Claytons Conservatives
· Liberal Government, Labor Bureaucrats
Quite a few years ago, our number plates were graced with a perfectly fine slogan: Victoria, The Garden State.
Why not revive it?